Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday - Thank Goodness this Day is Almost Over!

This has been a very interesting day to say the least!! I knew the day was going to go downhill this morning when the turn signal clicker in my car started clicking non-stop AGAIN...I guess this is a defect with Oldsmobile Aleros, I've had it fixed one other time about a year ago. The nonstop blinker clicking doesn't affect the actual function of the blinker but it is VERY annoying. I love my good ol' car (she has over 120,000 miles on her and lots of history with us) but she does have some funny "problems" that crop up now & again. As I was leaving work, listening to the nonstop fast & then slow clicking noise of the car blinker, I decided it might be a good idea to try to turn the hazard lights on, maybe that would "fix" the blinker noise? So I pushed the hazard light button on the dash - and the button pushed ALL THE WAY into the dash somewhere and disappeared, falling behind the dashboard of the car & leaving the hazard lights on and clicking!! Just Great! Now my problem with the blinking noise had escalated into a drive home with the hazard lights on - and NO blinkers...uggghhh. So Annabelle and I continued our long rush hour traffic filled trek home with the hazard lights blinking and stop and go bumper to bumper traffic. I called my Mom and was talking to her about how funny it was, most people were steering clear of me and staying back because of the hazard lights...and then it happened...WHHHAAAMMM...rear-ended in a split second! Annabelle and I both got flung forward. Next thing I know the guy from the car behind me is at my window he says "Look, I'm late for my flight, I didn't do any damage to your car so let's just go"...I remembered everything my Dad and everyone ever taught me about car accidents so I told him no, I wanted to have a police report, I was worried about Annabelle, I didn't know how much damage was done to my car? So I called 911, pulled to the side of the road (the other guy was hesitant to do it but I insisted) we waited for the Highway Partol to arrive. Come to find out the other driver was from Philadelphia (definitely not familiar with Oklahoma stop and go traffic), late for his flight, in a rental car etc. etc. Annabelle had some red marks on her neck from the carseat seatbelts - thank goodness her seat worked very well (It's a Graco brand FYI) . I was most upset and worried about my girl, I was very worried about her and I don't know what I would do if she had gotten hurt! We left with a police report and sore necks. So that was our horrible day. I sure don't want to repeat that one again!!!!! Can you believe I got hit WITH my hazzard lights ON???

Note: Justin is such a great Daddy and Husband! He immediately fixed my hazard light button (I'll have to take the car to the dealer for the blinker clicking noise), he made dinner for Annabelle and let me lay on the couch and chill out! Thank goodness I married Mr. Fixit!

1 comment:

Gramma C said...

OH MY GOSH! You had one horrific day. You were lucky, though. Too bad the other guy thought about himself first and wasn't concerned about you and Annabelle. Glad you are recovering!!!!!

Gramma