Friday, July 10, 2009

Made it!

After spending the night in Austin, Justin drove the rest of the way to McAllen today and arrived hot and tired around noon today. He thinks the problem with the truck is related to the A/C so he drove most of the way with no A/C. We are so glad he made it!

Today we unpacked a few more boxes and went out for dinner. The restaurant was overpriced and not good so we will mark that one off our list. There are lots of choices of restaurants and shopping around here, it's mind boggling how many shops/restaurants/strip malls there are! We stopped at a different Target tonight and picked up a few things we needed, I think there are at least 3 Targets near us which makes me really, really happy!

I can't seem to find the battery charger for my digital camera batteries so haven't been able to take any pictures lately. Hopefully I will find that soon so I can post some photos! Mosquitos here are really bad, Annabelle has three bites on her face that look pretty bad, the mosquitos have even found there way into our house. We're going to have to find some sort of repellent to keep them away from the house!

2 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

Oh, that must have been a hot drive without air conditioning. I just had a condenser fan replaced in my Honda that wasn't working. My mechanic said that without it the vehicle could overheat. He said I could just watch the gauge and when it looked like it was going to overheat, give it a rest. I decided to put a new one in as I plan to keep my CRV. It was quite expensive. That was the first time I have ever had the parts be more expensive than the labor! However, it was also done at the same time I changed the timing belt, but the fan was more expensive than that!

I'm glad you are all together now and can start to get your house in order.

Love, Aunt Nancy

Gramma C said...

Good luck finding the battery charger...we never found some of our electronic gadgets...umm...six years now. Really glad Justin is home. The road trip breakdown was a challenge. Sounds like all is well except for the heat and mosquitoes. Little girl is going to have to wear a bee keepers' helmet to keep those critters off ;-)