Thursday, June 25, 2009

Moving Day is Approaching...

Today my boss had a going away luncheon for me, even though I'm really not "leaving" the company. We went to On the Border (very funny, since we are moving "on the border") for lunch and Justin and Annabelle were invited too. It was a fun lunch and I will definitely miss spending my days with all the people I have worked with for five years now! They are a fun bunch of people and have made my work life really good. The great thing is I will still be able to see them as much as I want on IChat!

Our house here in Moore is set to close on Tuesday. Our new house does not have a closing day set yet, our loan is, once again, in underwriting, the banking system is such a mess now. I'm hoping by Monday we will have a closing day but I am not getting my hopes up. If closing doesn't take place by the time we arrive in McAllen with our entire home packed into our truck we'll have to pay rent to the seller to live in the new house until closing. Preparing to move to South Texas has probably been the most challenging move preparation we've encountered so far with: difficult house hunting, language barriers, technological retardation, electricity that you choose (who knew there'd be billions of choice for electricity?), utilities that can't be hooked up unless you go to the city hall IN PERSON, slow bank loans and a bunch of other hurtles that we have had to overcome. Let's just hope the trip down there isn't as eventful as the preparation! If so, we'll just stop where we are and start a new life...haahaaa!

"Do you have everything packed for moving?" Lots of people have been asking me this...and the answer is definitely "no way"...last night I got out two boxes, put one in the kitchen and one in the living room, Annabelle climbed into one and Walter climbed into the other, I guess that means packing is all done!

No comments: