Sunday, June 14, 2009

Monday is the Big Day

Tomorrow, Monday, will be the "big day" at my office, all my work will start to be rotated to another employee, except a couple accounts I will be holding onto and working on from the new house. I'll then be taking on another new monthly account and taking on any extra work that might need to be done. I ordered my new imac last week and it should arrive in the next few days. Very exciting to be able to work from home! I will be totally set up to do freelance work. Anyone need a logo, ad or design??

I purchased a ticket for Justin to fly back to OKC on the 9th to pick up our truck at the airport parking garage. We weren't successful in finding someone to drive the truck to McAllen and I got a pretty good price on the ticket. Justin will be doing a lot of traveling that day! We've had a lot of ups and downs with the home buying process, our loan broker isn't doing as good a job as I expected him to do. Last week we were told we wouldn't get the loan in time, after I almost had a heart attack & called our loan broker back he assures me now that everything will be fine. Do I trust him? Absolutely not! We are kicking ourselves for not just going through a bank but this broker was highly recommended to us by our realtor. I guess this is just another "live and learn" experience for us!...note to self: never use a loan broker. Our realtor also told us that "it appears that the dishwasher in our new home has expired" so we will be getting a small amount of money from the owner since he could not fix the dishwasher. I'm hoping this week goes more smoothly than last week and we don't run into any problems with the house "stuff".

No comments: