Saturday, June 27, 2009

Moving Days - Day 1



Today we picked up the Penske truck. Notice how thrilled Justin looks in this photo. We reserved a 22 foot truck with a ramp & on Thursday Penske called and asked if we would take a 26 foot truck with a hydraulic lift, they gave us another discount so we decided we would take it (especially since the lift will come in REALLY handy with moving the piano!). Justin moved all our boxes from the storage shed and garage to the truck today, tomorrow Justin's buddy is going to stop by to help move some of the bigger items into the truck. Annabelle and I spent the day packing more stuff, the photo shows how Annabelle helps me pack glasses - by trying each one out! (Don't worry, I'll wash them all before I put them in the new cabinets). Our neighbors, Tina & Jeff, made dinner for us tonight since our kitchen is packed away, Annabelle spent the afternoon with Derek (Tina & Jeff's son). Good neighbors are hard to find and we will definitely miss them!

My co-workers threw a going away party for me at On the Border last night, it was good to see everyone I work with now and all the people I used to work with too! I will miss them all very much.

Our house in Moore is still scheduled to close on Tuesday. We don't have our loan on the new house yet so we signed a lease agreement with the seller so we can move into the house until closing. We had hoped to be able to close on the 1st but it looks like it might not happen until later in the week or early the following week....ugggghhh!

1 comment:

Gramma C said...

Wish we were there...(NOT!) Moving is fun..fun..fun..keep telling yourselves that!! Soon you'll be unpacking.