Sunday, September 20, 2009

Swimming in the "Big Tub"



Annabelle wanted to go swimming so badly today, sadly I've already deflated her blow-up pool and retired it for the year so our only choice for "swimming" is the big garden tub in the master bathroom. Annabelle hadn't taken a bath in it yet so she was thrilled when she realized how much water can go in it and how much fun it can be. I have a feeling she'll be doing lots of "swimming" in it from now on. Haha!

It's still been in the 90's during the day here and only gets down into the 80's at night. Doesn't feel like Sept. at all since I've lived my whole life in places where it starts to get chilly this time of year. Justin and I did some yard work on Saturday, our lawn and flower beds are really getting away from us. I trimmed the hedges once again and tried to weed some of the flower beds. I can't wait to really get them cleaned out and get some new flowers/plants planted.

Annabelle is a constant source of entertainment. Last week she dropped a toy and said "well, dammit"...I told her this is not a good word to use and we should say "oh man" or "darn" instead of "dammit" (I should also say, of course, she picked up this word from her Father, not me) she seemed okay with my explanation and I didn't hear the "word" from her again until we were driving on Friday and she dropped "Melly" (her favorite stuffed pink dog)...she then said "darnit" I turned and looked at her and said "I'm glad you said darnit" and she started crying, when I asked her what was wrong she said "but Momma, I really, really wanted to say DAMMIT!"....I almost died laughing but controlled myself and explained to her again that we don't say that word.

Annabelle also mastered gum chewing today, in the past she has always swallowed the gum but today she chewed it for over an hour and then walked into the kitchen, opened the trash can and spit it out- I was amazed! We are no longer using pull-ups at night either, Annabelle told me one evening she wanted to wear panties at night and she has not had an accident in over a week! I am so proud! No more pull-ups around here!!

I have more work to do this week so should get to work now. Annabelle just brought me in an imaginary cup of limeaide (a small teacup with a plastic lime in it!) so guess I should enjoy my drink now! Can't pass up a refreshing drink from my little girl!

No comments: