Saturday, January 2, 2010

...and the Journey Begins

We headed out to Kansas on Wednesday, we had to first drive to Harlingen, TX to the airport, tickets were much cheaper flying Southwest out of Harlingen so we decided the 45 minute drive would be worth it to save some money. Soooo... we drove from McAllen to Harlingen, flew from Harlingen to Houston & Houston to Tulsa, Sitti & Lisa picked us up at the Tulsa airport and drove us the two hours to Chanute. Needless to say, by the time I got in the car at Tulsa I had a raging headache and was ready to end the traveling extravaganza. I'm not much of a fan of flying and would much rather pull out each fingernail one by one than get on a plane but I decided to overcome my weird motion/travel/paranoia sickness - all to spend Christmas with family (heeheee!).

And...here's the weird thing...Annabelle TOTALLY LOVES flying (freak I say!). She was not scared one bit. When we had a very rough landing in Harlingen she was screaming WWWWEEEEEE! Like it was some kind of fun roller coaster ride. I'm not really sure where she got this weird love of flying - must be from her Daddy, definitely not from me. I spend my time on the plane with my eyes clamped shut waiting for the plane to land so I can stop my head from spinning (thanks for passing on the motion sickness Mom, love you!).

No comments: