Saturday, August 29, 2009

Faculty Party

Justin, Annabelle & I went to a back to school party for the faculty at Justin's work this evening. Lots of Justin's new colleagues along with their families were at the event & we had really good mexican food and had a good time. We met so many new people it was hard to keep them all straight! I'm definitely not very good with remembering names, especially when I'm hit with like over 2o in the first fifteen minutes . Plus, I'm not the most outgoing person in the world so these things are a little stressful for me! There were only three other kids since most of the faculty are older. One couple have an 11 year old boy, another couple have a 16 month old little boy, another couple have a little girl who is only two months younger than Annabelle, Annabelle became instant friends with this little girl. The party was in a massive Spanish villa type home in the country, Annabelle had a great time running circles around the sunken living room with her new friend. I think the girls ran laps the entire two and a half hours we were there! The other little girl was misbehaving quite a bit & Annabelle was quick to point this out & come tell me, it was very funny. I guess Annabelle really listens to my rules more than I thought, the other little girl tried to open the patio door that led to an open pool & Annabelle came & got me because she knew it was wrong to go out there, I was so proud of her! I asked around about good preschools and got the same response I've gotten in the past, there are really no good ones and the okay ones are very, very expensive...ugghh. Looks like Annabelle will be staying home with me for at least another year (which is fine with me!).

We are still adjusting to the cultural differences around here. It's like a different world. It's very strange being the only white, English speaking person sometimes. Sometimes when I'm out I look around and try to FIND the white people, it's pretty funny, when you do find one, it's like they are looking for you too! Haha!

No comments: